Help!!! Newbie Room Mom. What did I get myself into?

Teacher would like to keep parties simply, she not big on decor. What makes me nervous is the PTO meets. This year 1st & 3rd grade will be responsible for the jog-a-thon. I'm not creative at all. Wondering if I'm in over my head.

avaNmomma4ever

Asked by avaNmomma4ever at 3:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's not a big deal, I've done room mom duties the last few years and it's time consuming, but not hard. Just find out who did it last year and who organized the jog-thingy before and contact them, to get some ideas/starting points. explain to them you are new at it and you need some pointers... they should be more than happy to help. People at my school always are when someone new joins up and doesn't know where to start. And ask the teachers, for help. They are the best source ever. Ask them who did things last year, ask what was done or how it was done, and that should give you a jumping off point. Good luck. You'll do fine. I know, I was where you are 2 years ago. :)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009