is this a sign of lactose intolerance?

I don't usually drink milk or eat ice cream so I usually get my dairy from yogurt and cheese. The other day I had a milkshake and got horrible stomach pains about 45 min later. Could this be a sign that I am lactose intolerant? I usually eat a lot of cheese and yogurt for breakfast and have never noticed anything with those.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Health

• Milk/milkshakes/ice creams can react differently than that of yogurt and cheese, though. I get the same problem when I drink regular milk and ice cream sometime. I have to drink Soy, otherwise I am in severe pain, just like you described. You can try again, you know, just test it out. It could have been a fluke... something else you ate or just tummy problems that day. But, yes, it could be lactose intollerance.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It could be.  I can eat yogurt and cheese but not ice cream or milk.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ya....i cant have anything with heavy cream in it.....or it does that or worse....

i found out by trial and error
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It could also be a dairy allergy.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009