Step-Kids

Me and my husband have been married for 12 years he has a 17 year old daughter and we have a 13 year old 8,3 and 5 month old and his daughted just had a baby last week she lives with us and we just had a house built our house is 6 bedrooms and his daughter dosent want to share a room with her baby she says if he dosent figure out a way she will move in with her mom who has been on drugs lately.My husband wants to get an additiion on are house i say no what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Hopefully your husband will back you up against your sd? Building an addiction onto a new house all depends really on just how long you've lived there and how's yourfinances, savings - bills - health insurance - homeowners insurance - car, etc.

She needs to know that this baby is her responsibility and school is too. Some schools have daycare for students' kids. Give her guidance and emotional support but don't just take on another baby.

It looks like you have a larger amount of responsibility, can you build an addition without adding to your debit - is that money in savings somehow? If you have to take out loans to do it, be careful it's hard to do payback sometimes even when a loan's reason seems good.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No her and the baby need to be in the same room! She's a mom now, time to stop being the spoiled brat little teenager who gets everything! If she doesn't like it then the adult decision she makes is the one she makes, it may suck but it also may make her grow up a little.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It really depends on why she doesn't want the baby in her room. I honestly couldn't sleep with DS in our room after the first two weeks. I would lay awake while he was asleep and count his breaths, startle every time he moved, ect. If thats the reason, I don't think she is being unreasonable. We ended up putting the crib for our son in the dining room instead. It worked rather well till he was older and we were able to get a bigger place. We put the baby monitor far enough away I would hear the crying, but not the other sounds and called it good. If its just because she doesn't want to share her space, or wants to be able to ignore the child then no, you shouldn't give in.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• no that is spolied... whats wrong with sharing a room with the baby?? most people have their baby in a different room because they don't want their children getting use to them sleeping in there bed so later on they can have their sex life back, .she can do that when she moves out then she can have her nursery and her private time!!! is her father supporting that she got pregnant at a young age?? she should be happy her parents are willing to help her..... and not asking for more things!!!
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 4:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ok so when she got pregnet my husband was pretty freaked out because i was like 7 months pregnet and she was like 2 1/2 months along and our house was being built well now my son is 5 months old and her baby girl is like 2 weeks she is going back to school next week and i lost my job so i am watching the babeis so she thinks we can have an additin on are house no way are house cost 500000 to build and i lost my job it is not like were rich ok my hubby has a good job so what we dont have another 50 grand to throw out there and when the baby was born he bought her a new youkon denali omg i was pissed.Maby this calls for a devorce im just not hoping so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009