What can I do about severe dizziness, passing out, and falling while pregnant?

I've been to the hospital and was admitted for 2 days. After doing an EKG, EGG, blood tests, and heart monitors my doctor said it could possibly be an inner ear thing but never checked. He said since I was pregnant he couldn't so anything and sent me home (even though I can't even walk by myself). He told me to call my OB by he won't see me because my PCP didn't do all the necessary tests. Now I'm at a loss because I'm getting the run around from my doctors. I'm still dizzy, (even when lying down), I've passed out several times, and have fallen several times. I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I don't think these symptoms are something to brush off. Please help with any advice!!!

Kayla21543

Asked by Kayla21543 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd be finding another ob! my ob saw me no matter what & i had those same symptoms & was pretty bad anemic GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I had similar symptoms and my OB came to see me in the hospital, so I would look for another ob. it ended up being a combination of things, but the one they could pin down was really low potassium. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It may be a blood sugar thing, try eating something every 2 hours, even if it is some crackers! I had this problem early in my pregnancy and this seem to help.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• may be anemia!! i had racing heart and weird heartbeats and had like every heart test imaginable done and nothing!! then the same week the obgyn found out i was anemic! ever since on iron pills ive felt way better! i would go hot and cold, feel dizzy and nauseated, nearly pass out. make sure someone listens to you! cause they kept brushing me off too and i was desperate for answers and it turned out i was right and something really was wrong with me. please get checked for anemia! please please!
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• and also, i got the severe runaround like you too! i thought i was gonna go crazy looking for answers! i think it is so wrong that these people keep treating us preggies like this
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009