funny faces

My DS (8 months) started making funny faces. His face is totally serious and concentrated, his mouth moves as if he was talking, yet there is no sound coming out. I've never seen a baby do this It's funny yet creepy. Could he be imitating us talking? Do your kids do that too?

januarymom81

Asked by januarymom81 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter does and has done this, it isn't creepy, they are trying to talk, and make out sounds and words. This world, their body and everything is new to them, they are learning how to work their mouths and voice boxes. Plus he sees you move your mouth when you talk and eat and he's mimiking your movement.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Well..I didn't mean creepy as in scary..it was just weird, because he has never done this and started doing it this evening and didn't stop.:) LOL.
    januarymom81

Answer by januarymom81 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Normal! He is imitating you and your husband, practicing talking!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 5:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• hahahahaha yes.......its sweet...love it and treasure this....take pictures...they grow so fast momma!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• yes all the time when they were small... ohh and did ur baby make faces like they were looking into space..((rolling the eyes and a half ah smile..)) ohh so weird but cute!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 16, 2009