When is enough.. is enough?

I have a 2yr old toddler (Zek) he gives me the hardest time with everything when I tell him to do something. I have to tell him more than once to do it. I put him in time out, I take away his toys when he is misbehaving, and when’s his to out of control, I spank him. None of that seems to work because he keeps on doing it. He has the tenancy to drop himself on the floor, and he has this bad habit of screaming for everything. When his happy, excited, mad, throwing a fit (that’s when I spank him) . And when he doesn’t get his way. He wasn't always like this. It seemed ever since I have gotten pregnant again, he just got rotten. And doesn’t want to listen to me. Pregnant or not, he should listen to me. What I find interesting, is when my husband Charles tells him to do something. Zek does it in a heart beat (cries while doing it, but does it). Is there any tips or advice that anyone can give me please do. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, he needs your attention more than ever because he doesn't really know what's going on with your body. I guess that you and DH might have told him that you're pregnant and will have another baby...which makes him feeling insecure. My now 3 y/o youngest son, I remember that when he was 2 y/o, I asked him if he wanted a little baby brother(he has 2 older sisters), he said no. But this year, he has been asking if we would give him a baby brother. A year does make a lot of difference on a child. So just calm down which is good for your body and pregnancy. Don't spend too much time on correcting his behavior just yet. By focus on when he's being good and encourage him to keep it up and give him lots of compliments whenever wherever you can. Don't mention too much about your unborn child in front of him unless he asks and a couple weeks before you go into the hospital. cont..
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• BTW, don't forget to show/tell him how much you love him... Let him know he is always your first in your heart... How old will he be when the baby is here?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Zek will be 2yrs old. I'm due next week. Thank you for your advice. I will try it and see how it goes and keep you updated
    inez1331

Answer by inez1331 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• He will snap out of this im sure....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• inez1331, wow...how exciting that you're due next week so I guess your DS must picked up your feeling. He might feel there is a lot of changes coming. You may get him a present as a gift from the newborn when you bring the baby home so he will think the newborn knows him as a brother. It's really hard to deal with a 2 y/o and being pregnant in the same time and soon a newborn. 2 y/o boy can be very handful and also be very sweet as well. Just relax and get as much rest as you can because after the baby is here, it'll only get harder for a while. Hope you have somebody helping you after you have the baby. Wish you the best! PM me if you need someone to talk to.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 6:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009