Racism and Kayne West

Does anyone else think that Kayne West is a racist in his dealing with Taylor Swift? I mean, if the skin color was switched and it was a white guy berailing a black girl, HEAVEN FORBID!!! Why has this racism situation gone silent with the media backing down from calling it racist? It is black on white racism.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• I totally agree with you... When I mentioned it yesterday on some other post, nobody wants to admit it.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Didn't he go off before about something about not getting an award because he was black? This wasn't the first time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yeah it is racist lets say eminem got up there and did something like that to someone first off they would kick him out of the VMAs kayne shoulda got kicked out he is giving whites more reason to hate blacks
    Anonymous

• I don't think so. He pulled a snub stunt - he snubbed another professional and if I had to say it was motivated by anything - I'd have to call it age and tenure discrimination. He treated her as less because she's young and hasn't been 'around' as long as Beyonce. But I don't think it was racist as in black on white hate. He's just a jackass and he pulled a punch against a young girl - he dismissed her and he did it based on HIS idea of who should be recognized..... if he'd have said something like "this white girl shouldn't win" - then you could call it reverse racism.
    No one knows what's in his heart - but everyone knows he had a gut full of booze.... that's no excuse - but it was a factor - he'd have spewed his stupidity eventually - but probably not on stage.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No i think he's just an idiot!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think he is racist and just wanted to be more in the spotlight! He is a media whore and he loves to be center of attention.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That is not racist. And for you to make something like that out of this situation is ridiculous!

He is obviously an ass kisser. If it were a black girl on stage im sure he would have done the same just b/c he is arrogant and doesnt think before speaking. Lets not forget how he cried about not getting an award for putting a hit song out about Jesus! I didnt hear any Atheist, Muslims, or Catholics complain about religion discrimination. Why is this any different?

I feel like ppl that are not black or a minority are always looking for a reason to pull the race card out. Its not that serious.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't see it as a racist thing. I think he just wanted people talking about him, and he wanted the media attention. he got it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think the word "RACIST" is being thrown around waaaayyy to much these days. As soon as something happens between two people of two different races, one of them is automatically racist. Kanye may be an ass, but he has yet to bring up Taylor being white. Please people, be more selective about situations where you call someone a racist!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have to agree with anon :18. This is getting crazy! Someone doesn't like Obama. If they aren't black, they must be racist. Kanye disrespected a girl who happened to be white. He is racist. I can't stand half the people at work, none of them the same race as me so I must racist too right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009