what would you do??

my child goes to a daycare pre k and with our religion we don't eat pork well last week my child told me she ate little hot dogs i looked on the menu and it said sausage links or something like that i asked if they were pork and they told me they were and when i told them my child said she ate it they play dumb and say "oh so you don't want her to have pork period?" i said yes no pork no ham nothing....one time i was in the class during lunch and they gave some girl tomato sauce stuff and later on said oh yeah she is allergic to that and took it away and said its ok it will just make her itchy???? i don't know how other daycares are runned but is this how they are all runned??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would turn report that daycare and deffinitly not let my kid there.
    HaydensMama42

Answer by HaydensMama42 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It should not be like that, I would report them and find a new daycare.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It's not going to kill her, at least the day care is providing her with snack, one day she may like things you don't.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My children's preschool is not like that at all! When I tell them that they aren't allowed to eat or do something they listen! I would be pissed!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My friend's daughter is deathly allergic to all milk products. Her school knows this. Everyone knows this. I see nothing wrong with them complying to your wishes. If my friends daughter where to have anything like cheese or milk..etc her throat will swell up and she has to have that needle with her at all times. then, rushed to the hospital...so, those pre-k teachers need to take their jobs more seriously...if you have made the requests, they should honor it...I'd talk to the headmistress or director or whomever is in charge. And, you might want to look at another daycare.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• MommaRox4683...no it may not kill her, but it is against their religion! The fact is that they told the daycare that she was not to have pork, and they gave it to her! The fact is they gave a girl allergic to tomato products, tomato sauce!!

My son has a food allergy and his preschool has NEVER given him what he is allergic to. It won't kill him to eat this particular food, but the reaction is not pleasant. If he is ever give this food before he is old enough to recognize what he cannot eat, he will be yanked out of that school so fast, and reported even faster, not one person will be left standing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i agreeee with mommarox

It's not going to kill her, at least the day care is providing her with snack, one day she may like things you don't.

it is against their religion........but your kid might not want to believe what you do...

daycare although was told not too....they are at fault but....i wouldn't ....have a heart attack about it

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:07 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would tell the daycare center to either honor your request or you are simply going to be taking her out of the program. I don't think i'd get nasty the first time. They are dealing with alot of children, maybe they slipped up BUT, dont let it happen again. You are mom, Take control!! Hope this helps a little.
    jesskeeton

Answer by jesskeeton at 2:11 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OMG what are you people that are saying oh she might like it when she gets older well what about the parents that dont want their kids to get vaccines (sp) is it ok for the daycare just to give it to them when they get to school um they might want shots when they get older so whats the diff??? the same with food Yall are some crazy people if you thinkn that way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my son and i are both vegans, and at one point he went to a wonderful pre-school in north carolina that always honored my requests and were so understanding and nice, there was even 3 other vegan/vegetarian children there.....well we moved and he started at this new day care in wisconsin....my son came home and told me he ate pigs and cows....i was like WHAT.....i asked the teachers and they did the whole play dumb game...but he started coming home many times saying that, he had stomache aches...so without my complaints addressed, i simply just took him out of that day care.
    jessean

Answer by jessean at 1:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009