Strep Throat

My son has strep throat and its like the med. they gave me isnt working. All night he cries and says owie mommy owie pointing to his mouth! I have tried orajel to help him with the pain so he can sleep but that doesnt work either I have also tried Toddler Tylonal that didn't really work either any ideas on what to do?

CJO1991

Asked by CJO1991 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how long ago did they give it to you? My son had strep a month ago and it was better by day #2
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Chamomile tea is one of the best natural remedies for strep throat. Its analgesic properties can provide rapid relief for throat pain and headaches. Administered every few hours, chamomile tea can also reduce fever and prevent dehydration. A very strong natural remedy, sage can reduce inflammation, protecting the soft tissues of the throat and respiratory system. Sage can be used either under the form of tincture or under the form of capsules. Thanks to its antibiotic properties, garlic is also an appropriate home remedy for strep throat.

JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 5:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Dont give him orijel...it burns anyway i think...

did he get antibotics?

lots of pop sickles....
    my daughter just got over it,

no orange juices..
    apple is okay make sure its cold,

MOTRIN IS SO MUCH BETTER than tyenol....
    ask your doc how much he can take..

hope i helped you dear,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009