my son is 13 months and has at least 5 diapers of poop a day or more!

is it normal? my son is 13 months and has at least 5 poopy diapers a day sometimes its runnier than other some are hard little balls and some are normal poop. is this normal?

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it sounds a lot more than what my dd had at 13 mos. I think her max was 2 poopy diapers a day and that was if I gave her apple juice.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I wish... my son struggles to have rabbit pellets maybe once a day - we are working on that though, but as long as he feels well and no issues from it, it might be good amount for him
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would ask the doctor. Unless you are changing him before he's "finished", I don't think he should be going the much EVERY day. Once in a while, maybe. But not daily. Is he still gaining weight?

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i would ask the doctor..but my daughter poops when she was around that age....around 3-4 times..and same turds your talking about...normal and the little balls,
    still does, but..indeed ask your doc....momma...don't worry ...he might have fast matabolism
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My son is 13 mos too, and he has around 4 or 5 a day, seems like every time he eats it pushes along the last meal! At his check up the doctor seemed to think it was normal. some mushy some turdy. He eats a lot of vegetables and fruit, as long as it's not diarreah and he doesn't seem to be having cramps with his bowel movements it's probably not a problem (except for the diaper changer)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My 14 month old has 2-3 BMs each day (on average). Your son's bowel habits sound normal.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009