IS IT REALLY "ANY DAY NOW!!" ???

So when I hit 37 weeks I keep hearing everyone say "Oh! It could be any day now!!!"

This is my 1st and I'm 38 weeks tomorrow...ive had problems with contractions and such this enntire pregnancy and was on brethine until about 34 weeks...but I am not dilated or effaced AT ALLLLLLL!

jUST WONDERING how many of you went into labor naturally with your 1st around 37 weeks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It will happen, your'e just being anxious, you still have almost a month till your EDD.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• it pretty unusual to go into labor 37 weeks or earlier. Most babies are actually born at 41 weeks 1 day!
    Only 5% of all babies are their Due date.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• A couple of weeks till EDD, you had so many dates up there. Do a lot of walking, don't try all that crazy other crap, but walking the doctor will even reccomend.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My friend did around 37 weeks, but i went to 41 weeks. so yes it's true that it could be any day now, but it could also be another month. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I had preterm labor problems with my first and was on Brethine too. I went off it at 36 weeks. I was induced on my due date. So you really have any where from now to four weeks. I wouldn't worry, your baby will be here when they are ready.
    Good luck!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I went into labor at 39 weeks not dialated at all.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I had my 1st one at 37wks 2nd one at 38wks
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 5:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• uhhg. people. ;- / Sorry that can be frustrating!

(My first was induced, so I don't count here.)

Okay, so you know how 40 weeks is the mid-point of the average of the estimated 4-week time period that you're due? (You're technically due for that 4-week timeframe.)
    What you can do is expect to go past 40 weeks (it is pretty likely, especially if this is your first~ 8 days past 40 weeks is average.) and tell yourself that "I'm really due at 42 weeks. After that, I am overdue."
    Which is true, you're not "late"~ and you can safely go past that, even...
    But if you expect to go past it's not so hard when that becomes your reality. (well, IF.)
    You can even tell others your not due until then, too. It can help you to regain your confidence in the normal process (the process that knows what it's doing, even when we moms don't!).
    Trust in nature, trust in yourself. Birth is normal.
    Stay confident! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• LOL i wish people would stop saying that. Yes it could be any day but it could also be in 5 weeks! My first was born in the 39th week, i have no idea if i was dilated or not prior to labor cause i dont get checked. I didn't have any signs prior to labor, i just woke up with contractions and he was born that day.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2009