swin flue vacination

where i live in florida the swin flu vacin has been aproved and pregnant women and young children are going to be the first vacinated.i am pregnant but i dont want to get it. is that wrong? i dont leave the house that often and when i do i wash my hands and use hand sanitizer as well as my kids. the vacin has been been out for what 5 months now. there is no way in hell that i am going to get somehting injected into me that has been pushed out so fast. (sorry for my spelling )

mellmom2

Asked by mellmom2 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt get it either. It has not been out long enough to know any of the long term effects, especially for pregnant women and young children. IMO its too big of a risk to get something like that because they truly DONT KNOW how it will effect the baby.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am pregnant too and i am definetely NOT getting the swine flu or regular flu shot. I have never gotten the flu shot and i have 3 boys who don;t get it either. I for sure wont get the swine flu shot because it is too new and i don't want to be experimented on. That is just my oppinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• sorry i had to correct somthing the swin flu has only been a threat for five months so the vacin has only been out for maybe 3 if that? no thanks you i will pass
    mellmom2

Answer by mellmom2 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am pregnant and NOT getting it. My local health dept advised me aganist it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm undecided if I'm going to get it or not. my midwife said she doesn't really have a strong opinion one way on the new vaccine, but strongly reccmends a regular flu shot. I do know that having the flu at a certian time during pregnancy can cause serious probelms with the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think you are right to be suspicious of an untested vaccine. Who wants to be a test subject? Just be conscious of your health and you should be fine.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am at high risk for the flu. I had a kidney transplant fourteen years ago so I have a low immune system. If I am told to get the flu shot I will. The flu virus is new every year. Thus the flu shot is new every year. The h1n1 is similar to the regular flu shot it is just a different virus. I think that there is a lot of negative press that is not necessarily true. I would rather have the shot and not die from the flu. However if I wasn't at a higher risk I might have a different opinion. I do know that for a couple of years my family and I didn't get the regular flu shot and I was on antibiotics most of the winter for bronchitis, sinus infections, and other yucky stuff. Last year my husband and I got the flu shot and I wasn't on antibiotics once! I was way healthier all winter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No it's not wrong I think it is very smart of you. If you read the package insert of the swine flu or flu vaccine you'll learn that these two have actually never been tested on pregnant women and there is no real knowing what the side effects for the baby could be.
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 9:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2009