Why would you not vac your children when you know the risks?

1 in 20 kids who are unvaccinated will develop whooping cough....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have no idea. The risks are so much worse for your children if you don't get them vaccinated. All of these new myths about vaccines are going to cause a lot of problems eventually. With so many immigrants coming into our country, if people don't keep vaccinating, there is bound to be an epidemic eventually. I will definitely vaccinate my baby. I've done a lot of research on this, and it's way better if they get vaccinated, and I could never put my childs health at risk bc of a very, very, very slim odd that they may possible have a negative side effect.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Because they object to the ingredients in the vaccines.

Get over it.

Vax-ers preaching why people should vaccinate are just as bad as non vaxers who preach why people shouldn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• thats the tdap vaccine if im not wrong
    many people dont vaccinate their kids or dont have enought coverage to do so

I have always been vaccinated for thaat and will continue to thats something I dont want me or any kids im responsible for to get
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My guess is that they are counting on their kids not getting the disease because most people are vaccinated. It is a nice mentality to use other kids immunity to keep your kids safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Sometimes the risks are small, sometimes not... But either way, there is a risk in everything we do or dont do and there is no guarantee the vaccines will work.

I am for the parents right to choose, my kids all had their vaccines. Personal choice for me
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I wonder if nonvaccinating parents, get shots for their dogs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• drama for sure. let me see. in the last 10 years my children do not have any problems. I will not inject them with poisons that will kill them or make them have difficulties. In the past 10 years my children other then my sons premature births have never been sick with even the flu. 

Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Because they feel that the risks of getting the vaccines are greater.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• 12k kids are harmed by vaccinations. My child was one of them why risk that again. There are risks either way. The risks of vaccinations to me are far worse than the risk of illness to my children. When you watch your child lay there dying because of a shot you allowed a doctor to give them you start digging and researching. I would never put that stuff in my children ever again not worth the risk. My daughter went from walking and talking to coma in 5 minutes. She still cannot walk or talk and is 9 years old. She will be where she is the rest of her life thanks to vaccinations. You take that risk I won't do that with my other children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Because as parents it's their child, their choice and isn't your place to say whether it's wrong or right nor is it really your place to "understand" why they chose to do what they do for their children. I vaccinate my son but refuse to tell a parent who doesn't vaccinate that they are wrong for the choice they make.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009