What are the best books for 3 year old girls?

I need to know what the best books for three year old girls are and what books your kids enjoyed at that age?

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 5:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter loved "Fancy Nancy" and they give you all sorts of new words ("_____is just a fancy word for ____"). We have also found the "Belinda" books, I think "Belinda begins to dance" is the first one. She also loves the "Angelina Ballerina" books. Usually we just wander around the library browsing until she finds something she likes.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Pinkalicious, Purplicious, Goldilicious...they are fabulous! Knuffle Bunny and Knuffle Bunny Too are also great! We love to read Stellaluna, Pindulli, Agate and Bad Kitty as well.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 6:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i have only boys so far, but i just let them read whatever they like. my 4yo loves dora (which is supposed to be for girls but who cares lol). try to pick books with characters or themes she is really into
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It depends on the child. Bring her to the library or bookstore and let her pick out some books. I have a boy, so I am not much help. I do teach preschool and each of the girls (Well each child) have different tastes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My 4 year old loves the Dora books, she is a Noggin junkie tho, well that sounded worse than it is, she gets an hour or 2 of tv a day and she ALWAYS wants to watch Noggin!
    TonyaR

Answer by TonyaR at 1:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My daughter loves Barbie and Disney Princesses books at the moment. We also have the LeapFrog Tag system and she loves to read with this.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009