what are the best baby bottles to use?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I loved the Playtex VentAire Advance. Almost completely eliminated gas. Now she just uses the Parents Choice bottles.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Clearly, this will come off as rude (but even so I promise it is not intended that way) - why? Have you really chosen to not breastfed before your baby is even born?
    Do you understand what a huge decision that is that could effect your child way into his adulthood?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Honestly people by expensive bottles, etc etc etc

No..i buy the gerber bottles they are cheaper, and they do not cause fussiness nor gas...
    i learnt this by expierance, my 3 year old i spend 100s on bottles,

my second......gerber ....worked find...and they are safe no chemicals in them !

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i like the soothie ones, being that they are wider and easier to get formula into and especially since the nipple is like the passie's they give babies in the hospitals, so its easy to transistion from bottle to passie and what not. besides those i liked the playtex ventaire's a lot too.
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I used the playtex ventiaire. I loved them!!! The soothie ones look really nice too, and if you do use the playtex ones, I used the ones that were like mothers breast (no I didn't attemp to bf) but they were wider and i just liked them sooo much better!! I had 6 bottles and think it costed around $40-$50.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i tried to breastfeed my daughter and for several reasons could not. that being said.. i used the soothie bottles because they were wider and the babies really take well to the nipples. plus they have really cool things that hook onto the bottom of the bottle to keep dry formula in.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 6:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Anon, women who breastfeed use bottles too! How do you think pumped milk is fed to a baby? You think we slurp it up into our mouth and then drizzle it into our baby's mouth like a mama bird feeds her baby??

OP- I LOVE Playtex Drop Ins. So easy and my son never had any gas issues!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We also really like the Avent bottles, but my son didn't use them as a newborn so I can't say how they would have worked for him back then. The Nuk ones seem to have a really large hole in the nipple though so the flow was really fast once you go up a "size".
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• anon...go suck an egg.

We used playtex drop-ins with the first two. One preferred the silicone nipple, the other the latex kind. The best bottle/nipple combination is the one that the baby doesn't fight, and takes readily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I used the basic cheapy Evenflo ones with my first, and he didn't have any problems with them. My advice is to start off cheap, buy just the basics, and try it for a few days. That way if your baby doesn't have any problems with them, you can buy more and not have to spend a lot of money unnecessarily. And if your baby does have problems with them, you can try other bottles/nipples, and when you find something that works, you don't have to worry about having wasted a lot of money on something you ended up never using.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009