Do you have to use newborn nipples when the baby is newborn?

or can you use the regualr nipple that comes on the bottle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The ones I was born with worked perfectly

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The ones that come on the bottle are fine as long as you get the bottles that have the 0+ nipples. Some brands make bottles that have 0+ nipples and 3+ or even 6+ nipples. So just double check.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• we started with the new born ones but she would cry because she couldnt drink it fast enough.. we had to up them to stage two. def start with the 0+ months ones first tho, you might not have a piglet like i did
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You should use the newborn ones.. keeps from upsetting the tummy.
    Ignore rkolomes.. she may be the rudest person i've seen on cafemom. ignorant. just plain ignorant.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I didn't even pay attention to the ages. We started with slow flow and moved up as they needed faster flows.

With my last one, I found "variable flow" nipples. They work with the strength of the baby's suck. I loved those!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• rkoloms...your severe lack of reading comprehension skills scare me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• **rolls eyes** at rkoloms....anyway, I would try them at first just b/c she won't get as much air that way...my daughter is a year old and I never went over the 6 months nipples....I tried the other ones and she would just push it out b/c it came out too fast. It can give them really bad gas too b/c of all the air they're gulping.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Why ya all bashing a pro breastfeeder?? I encourage breast feeding myself, however as that is not pertinent to the question yes buy the newborn ones to start. The other ones tend to let the formula out too fast and can cause them to choke. And yeah too much air can be swallowed as well leading to gas and fussiness.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• 2autisticsmom...Im not bashing...I am a breastfeeder but had to use bottles at times....it's just the sarcasm gets on our nerves every once in a while....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009