Have you had a positive pregnancy test result after the time limit elapsed?

I took a test Sunday morning. It seemed to show negative, with the faintest possible "am I dreaming?" type line that may or may not have been there. I checked it later that day because I am a curious type, and the second line is bright blue (it was a blue ink test), and not just a little discolored like you'd expect for evaporation lines. I'm planning to test again tomorrow regardless, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had it happen 6 months ago. I got a negative and checked it an hour later and there was a faint line.... I looked it up and found out that evaporation lines can form. Anyways, I took another one the next day and after 20 minutes there was another line, a little darker than before. I took on the third day, and it was even darker and there in a quicker peiod of time. The fourth day I took it, it was a clear dark positive sign. I am now 6 months pregnant.
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That's exactly why they say to disregard after 10 minutes, or whatever it is with each test. It's an evaporation line. That said - if you saw even a faint faint line, it's most likely positive - and each subsequent test will have a darker/brighter line, if you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I say to test again but to disregard the previous test results..
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Everyone keeps talking about this evaporation line but when I take my hpt and get a negative I have gone back and checked it days later and it still stays negative
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Anon 3:26, I have always had those results before myself. That's why I'm wondering what other gal's experiences are with this sort of thing. I've been looking on Google, and it seems like most evaporation lines are light yellow or grey, but always very light. This one is bright blue, exactly like you would expect a positive result to look if you were a week late and it showed up right away.

We're really hoping. Tomorrow is our 3rd anniversary and we'd love to have #2.

P.S. I KNOW you are supposed to disregard anything after the 10 minute mark, I've just never had this happen before. I would take a picture to show everyone, but the effort in uploading is more than I can afford with company for dinner tonight and a roadtrip tomorrow.

Thanks all for sharing their experiences.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Thanks to all who answered. While evaporation lines ARE common, this was not such a case. It definitely looked like a positive result... just like the one I got Saturday at the one-minute mark!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009