What is the most frustrating/annoying/WTF thing your mother-in-law did to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wouldn't let my husbands 4 year old son come to our wedding!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Talked smack about me on my wedding day:(
    Anonymous

• Where do I even begin...
    One thing that my husband and I just discussed: My MIL had the biggest meltdown...well, one of the biggest, because I had told her my best friend, whom I've known for years and years and years, was going to be my son's Godmother. WITHOUT knowing what a Godmother was, the role, the situation, NOTHING - and without even bothering to ask me - she just..went ballistic. Said that I was replacing her as a grandmother, and if we were to die, she has EVERY right to take care of our son, not the "godmother" and I was being rude and selfish. Ha.
    Another time - she said that it wasn't "right" to baptize my son on his first birthday, because he's too young to know God, and it doesn't count. He needs to be older, like 11 or 12 to fully understand God and it's his choice to accept God into his life. But right now, it's stupid and ridiculous.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It wasn't what she did but what she said. She told me that when her 11 year old daughter and her friends wouldn't settle down one night, she gave them tylenol PM! I didn't know what to say and I told my SO I am now leery of letting our boys stay with her because she might drug them up if they won't go to sleep!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• BEGGED to watch my son while had was in labor with my second.....when I called to check during the day, she had left. My wild teenage SIL was watching him and he was crying, she didnt know what to do to make him happy.

OH SO MANY OTHER THINGS....but that one burns me more than anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My Inlaws insist on stopping by without calling ahead. They know it bothers me but still do it anyway. Another thing. This is gross. When they go to the bathroom they don't throw the toilet paper in the toilet they throw it in the trashcan. They are from Central America apparently this is what they do over there. My dh doesn't do it though. Maybe because he was raised here. All my inlaws do it though MIL,FIL, SIL, BIL and their kids. It stinks. Next time they come over i'm going to hid the trash so they will be forced to throw it in the toilet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• On our wedding day, after the ceremony, she walked up to hug us. When she hugged me she whispered in my ear.. "I'll give in 6 weeks, 6 months on the outside." As hurt and angry as I was I have turned it around on her. At the times when it was really tough to work through issues I MADE myself work it out bercause I'll be damned if that old vile wench will get the satisfaction. Married way over 20 yrs now. And no, I didn''t just stay to piss her off. I love him more than ever. Everyone has rough patches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Not to me, but to my husband and my children - she hasn't come to visit our children ever, and she doesn't even send cards for birthdays or Christmas. It would be nice if she'd at least make some effort. I know she's seen her other 7 grandchildren belonging to my husband's sisters, and I know she celebrates birthdays and holidays with those grandchildren. We've offered to buy her plane tickets, but she won't come. She only calls when she drunk, she needs something (usually money), or both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I really can't complain about mine, she is pretty good and seems to truly care for me. My main complaint, though, is that she so totally and completely spoils my two children that literally there is nothing to but them for special days like their birthdays or Christmas...Very frustrating.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 6:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hit me with a bat when I was around 32-36 weeks pregnant.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009