my 1 year old granddoughter

my 1 year old granddoughter is in the hospitel whith namonea its vary scary but she is a amivening fighter.
my qeshtone is when she dose get out of the hospitel what are good things to do to keep her from getting it agean is thire anything we can do to provent it from happing agean?

mykids_mylove

Asked by mykids_mylove at 6:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• This is like reading code.
    I don't understand what "amivening" means.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• wow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Most types of pneumonia just from a common cold... kind of a fluke, a whole house can have the same cold, but one person might end up with pneumonia becasue of it.
    There are some kinds of pneumonia you can catch... but it's not as common.
    Best thing to do to keep healthy is good hand washing and ask those who are sick no to visit.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am so confused by the "language" you are using, so it is very hard to formulate an answer to your question. I hope that she gets better soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I hope your granddaughter is better soon! I agree with AmiJanell, I think if you wash hands frequently, keep sick people away that will help. I would also think about washing her toys, and giving some common household surfaces a cleaning (or wipe with a clorox wipe) -like doorknobs, tv remote controls, light switch plates--- things that get touched by germy hands and sometimes overlooked in cleaning.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Feed her a healthy diet. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, protein, dairy. Minimal snacks and junk food. No sugary drinks.

Encourage her and everyone around her to wash hand frequently. Try not to let her put too many things in her mouth. Always wash her hands after being at the store, doctor, restaurant, etc.

Follow MizLee's advice.

Make sure she gets plenty of sleep. Talk to her doctor about a Vitamin D supplement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Frequent handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes with the crock of your elbow, NOT your hands. Lysol hard surfaces about once a week. Wash her toys in bleach water and let air dry. Soak hard toys in bleach water for 3 minutes and then air dry. Wash stuffed animals often. Hope she feels better soon.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My son had pnomonia when he was 16mo. I told the doc that i was keeping him at home to treat him myself. Luckily i caught it in time to be able to have that choice. I had to use a nebulizer every 4hrs. for 9 days until it cleared up. It was difficult because i had my 2yr. old to care for as well as being 7mo. pregnant. It was so scarry and i even called the ambulance once when he was unresponsive. It turned our he was okay. He has respitory problems already, and i was scared he would get pnominia again, but it has been 2yrs. and NOTHING. Thank GOD for that. We practice a lot of hand washing and i wash the boys toys at least once a week with bleech water in the fall/winter months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OMG, is English your primary language? If it is, PLEASE encourage your granddaughter to stay in school so that she can read and write correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Its quite common for infants & toddlers to get pnemonia and as a safety procaution.

Chances are, she will get it again. Prevention would all depend on what type of penomina, what treatment she was given, if she is asthmatic... there are lots of factors.

My son has asperation pnemonia and gets it every 4-6 weeks and there is nothing I can do to prevent it. He has had 9 hospitalizations but not we are pretty much able to treat him at home
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2009