What does this resolution against Wilson do?

Is this just a slap on the hand (like a public display of non-support of his actions), or are there other consequences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They spent a WHOLE DAY on a piece of paper that says "shame on you." The sad thing is that in the interviews I watched a minute ago with a couple of the congressmen are trying to make it racist. One even went so far as to say that people would be showing up in white hoods and white robes. What a waste of time and taxpayer dollars.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oops. I posted this question. clicked the wrong box.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Nothing that I know of. Takes up time when there are real issues. More party politics that Obama said he wasnt going to put up with....and yet is he calling for them to cut it out and get on task...nooooooooooooooo.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• From the text of the resolution it just states that they vote to say that they "disapprove" his actions - now the question is - what happens when they disapprove of you - from the media I gather that he will be forced to apologize on the senate floor. I haven't found if it means anything else. Yet.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It makes the libs feel important.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It took us one day further from any possible passage of the health care destruction act.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I cannot believe they spent an entire day on slapping his hand. Unbelievable!
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 7:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• NotPanicking
    It took us one day further from any possible passage of the health care destruction act.

***
    To which I say, we need about 300 more "Joe Wilson's" to speak their minds! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It gives the congress a chance to strut their tail feathers
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• So it sounds like they have to vote on a public frown, as if we haven't gotten their message of disdain already. Glad our tax dollars are going to some really important legislation *sarcasm*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009