Something I have wondered time and time again...

Why does Your higher power (God, Goddess, what ever you believe in) allow women who are junkies/don't want kids, women who would harm the fetus/child, to get pregnant when there are so many loving families that would love to have kids/be pregnant, who would take care of the fetus/child? For that matter if you are TTC it is often heard that it will happen in God's time..... So why did you disrupt his time (all of us who) by taking BC? It is said that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, so why should you have to use BC? Wouldn't he just regulate how many kids you had IN HIS OWN TIME?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Good question. I personally don't believe very much in the idea that God has the ability to manipulate the word and people as he sees fit. I believe in fate and I believe that some things happen for a reason but we can easily change whatever plan has been set up for us. Maybe at one point we were directly under the control of God but it's been a long time since then.
    I prefer the obvious that my body is made to give life and it is up to me to make sure I'm not using that ability unless I can handle it.
    I'll be checking this one though. I can see this getting out of hand.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 6:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I've always wondered something similar.. This is one of the larger reasons I don't believe in a "higher power".. If there is a higher power it seems he/she has a screwed up way of handling things.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• God's grace and mercy  endures forever remember that.. We all sin and God does so much for us why not others? God's ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not are thoughts

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• hinson7169 I totally do not get your answer. It's more confusing than the questions!!!! KalebsMommee, I agree with you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• flitpixie , You make very good points!!! I can't wait to see what every one else has to say!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• These types of questions have plaged mankind (or womankind) forever. No one can give an exact answer. What I know is that God is God and I am not. He is all knowing and all powerful. He does give us free will but within limits. The problem with trying to figure out God's will or why God does things is two fold, we are limited in our perspective, we only see here and now; second, we understand things from our perspective, it is virtually impossible for us to see things independantly. So when God does something that we don't understand we who believe in Him are not called to figure it out but act in faith that He knows what He is doing.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Ahhh yes, the ever going questions that no one can answer. The contradictory terms of a higher power.....which is why I do not for one second believe there is a higher power pretending to control everything, when in reality there is nothing being controlled beyond ourselves.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My short answer is I dunno. LOL If the "god" of christianity is in control then i suppose we are in control some what with power to speed up or slow down conception time/dates of our little ones or maybe even hold them off all together. Or maybe in the case of those who have been on the pill forever and say they want no kids, maybe they were never supposed to have them anyway... just never given the drive. Hell, who knows. I sure don't. I mean, pregnancy happens even on the pill, even with condoms, even with any other BC method, so, there may be divine work going on there. There HAS GOT to be an explaination for Michelle Duggar... bless that woman and her 19 kids!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My diety has nothing to do with it.

Its called human nature...we screw up, we do stupid things and we make stupid choices,etc.
    We also do some smart and kind things too.

God/Goddess/Etc. has nothing to do with why people abort or have kids while on drugs,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ONCE WE KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS WE WILL THEN BE AS HIGH AS GOD.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009