FDA approves Swine flu vaccine. Im curious who will get it. and why you decided that answer?

I will not idont believe in vaccines in the first place, but i also believe it is WAY too new.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know.. the pediatrician said he recommended it today (my sons 18 month old check up) that shot and the flu shot.. but i don't know if i trust it or not. i'll see when its November and their available..
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Nope... It's far too new for me to trust.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We are not getting the swine flu, our doctor recommended against it for our family. WE will get the regular flu
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 6:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am not going to allow my child to get the swine flu vaccine, nor will I get it. Our doctor didn't recommend it for us.

PLUS I don't trust it enough to make my child a guinea pig!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 6:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My mom and my 21 month old had swine flu. It took my mom over a week to kick it, but that's only because she has Lupus. My son was sick for a whole day with a high fever and slept a whole lot.

Ooh, so scary.... -.-
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hell NO I wont get it. Does ANYONE know what the LONG TERM side effects of this "new" vaccine are? NO!! Do you want to get it and find out 10 years from now it caused your children who got it to be infertile? have cancer? a new yet unknown diease? DONT get the vaccine untill you KNOW what the LONG TERM side effects are to you and your kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We've all had swine flu already here starting about 2 1/2 weeks ago. My oldest daughter had it the worst and was just tired and had a fever for a few days. She was out of school for a week total but that's about it. I'm not too concerned. It wasn't fun, but things were fine in the end. We watched for any sudden changes like difficulty breathing, etc but nothing ever happened. I was really only sick for about 3 days. I have hypertension, high triglycerides and thyroid problems so sometimes I have a hard time getting over an illness. This one is hanging on a little even now, but I'm fine and I think I'll live... no need to panic and get a shot that may have more harmful effects than the illness itself.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• What people don't understand is the "swine" flu is no different than any other type of flu... It's insane how many people are panicked over it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It is too new. NO WAY!!!!
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I was wondering if we had the swine flu, we didn't go to the doctor to find out, but my kids were terribly sick for about a week and then my husband and then me. It wasn't like anything we had ever had before. It was nasty.  But we are all fine now.  I think it hit my hubby the worst.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009