who else keeps it Walmart-cheap when planning for baby?

So far, I have either bought cheap cute stuff I've found at Dollar Tree, Walmart or Target or I've made stuff.

For decor, I've made most stuff with craft items, or bought it cheap.

For gear, bought his crib for 120ish at WM. Most clothes and extras come from WM or Target. I am not doing the bed decor sets cause of safety reasons and opted for a mesh, breathable bumper instead. Cheap carseat from WM.

Basically, I keep it as cheap as possible. It seems like the in-thing to spend gazillions on stuff but that's not my style and I'm not comfortable with it.

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• i always bought stuff from wal mart, really what is the point in spending a ton of money on things they wont even us for very long. the bigger stuff like the crib, stroller/carseat, bassinet i got from my baby shower. im with you why spend so much money when you could get things just as good at walmart or target for cheaper.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 6:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i've been buying stuff everywhere! wal-mart, target, tjmaxx, marshall's and ross. i found 2 blankets worth about $20 for only $5 & $7 at tjmaxx. i got a sling at marshall's for $12. and i put the crib bedding on the copier/printer thingy and made matching art for the wall!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am pretty cheap too, and I am like you, making stuff. We are making a bassinet for baby number two. For our first I made ALL of the decor in her room, and it is freaking adorable! I bought her bedding set (originally $80, I bought it on sale for a total of $19!!!) from Target. I am totally like that, and that just meant I had extra money so I could take more time off work with her :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes i love walmart baby stuff! They have just about everything. Kmart is good too......they are a little more expensive than Walmart but they offer different Charatcters like Warner Bros bugs bunny toons.......tweety and them others. I have noticed that Walmart has more Winnie to Pooh stuff though. I think Walmart is great no matter what so yeah! Just depends what your looking for.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We got a lot of stuff at Wal-Mart and Goodwill and even garage sales. I still do really. Toy's, sheets, rugs, room decor, car seats... The only thing is now that my kids are a little older I do buy mostly (not only) name brad clothes BUT only on sale or with a coupon! The wal-mart clothes tend to fade and shrink like crazy. Don't get me wrong though. Goodwill and yard sales, they often has some awesome looking name brand stuff!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ya'll rock :) glad to know there are some other peeps like me!!
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If i have extra money I like to walk around Old Navy and Burllington Coat Factory. I am not fond of Targets "baby" stuff. They're way over priced. They have nice Toddler clothes thought, especially for boys.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I got my strollers at Wal-Mart and carseats. Okay well, one carseat my uncle had to snag at Target. The liner in her carseat got caught in his watch and tore. He felt bad. Clothing I went to Burlington Coat factory and Wal-Mart simply because they had a good selection of preemie items.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009