***Christians*** Do you think of the bible as a science book? ***Christians***LET THE CHRISTIANS ANSWER THIS PLEASE

****NOT A DEBATE***** CHRISTIANS YOUR VIEWS PLEASE****

If you do look at the bible as a science book why?

I have never heard of finding science in the bible.

I do believe science is so complex there is no way God didn't have a hand in the way science works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I do not look at the Bible as a science book. For me, it is the word of God, our ancestry, and hope.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 7:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• neither do i.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• A friend put it to me this way - the bible isn't meant to explain the hows and whys of how the world came to be. Its about imparting the word of God.

Its like trying to learn about the brain. You wouldn't go into a biology textbook and expect to find every detail about the brain in there, although there would be some mention.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No. to me the Bible is more like a guide book. It tells me how things should be and what happened as far as how Christ lived, etc. Some of it is Truth, and some is Truth under the guise of a good story or parable. In no way do I really consider the Bible to be a fact book or anything.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ANIME_MOM169 basically said exactly how I view the Bible myself.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I agree with you all. I am wondering where the notion of explaining science from the bible came from. Hopefully some of the Christian moms that use the bible to explain science will give an answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No, I don't use the Bible as a science text book. I believe that God made everything according to His plan, and that included roles for humans as scientists, who explore His world and give "scientific" reason behind all that He created.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 7:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• nope BIBLE

B-BASIC

I-INSTRUCTIONS

B-BEFORE

L-LEAVING

E-EARTH

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• no I dont see the Bible as a science book. I see the Bible, as our way to live, our hope, our life and most important it is the word of GOD.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 7:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't look at the Bible as a science book, BUT I do believe that the Bible contains information that scientists later find out on their own. The Bible contains instructions for health, nutrition, and hygene that we now have discovered are cutting edge health practices (handwashing-- germ theory, toxins in foods-- bottom dwellers and pork, and hyssop to wash the mouth -- lysterine, etc.)

The Bible also was the first to say that the universe is expanding, and that the earth is a circle that is hanging in space, suspended on nothing. God created the universe so He can reveal to us things that we don't yet know about science. And that is really cool : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009