Not sure whats going on...Warning:TMI

I am 29 weeks 5 days. I have been having alot of cramping for several days now. Along with lower back pains that come and go. I havent noticed any contractions. But I usually dont till they are pretty bad. This morning I woke up with a severe case of runs. I feel very sick to my stomach and cant hardly eat or drink anything without feeling sick. I need some advice on wha could be going on and what to do. My husband hates it when we go into L&D and they dont do anythign so I would like advice to keep from making him mad.

25mommy1984

Asked by 25mommy1984 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why in the world would your husband get mad? It sounds as if you are in labor or at least getting really close. I would call your Dr or midwife and let them tell you what to do. Let your husband get mad at them if he is that kind of guy.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 7:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think it would be better safe than sorry. Don't worry about making him mad, he should care just as much about the safety of you & your child...if he doesn't, that's a whole other issue you need to be worrying about. Is there a friend or family member that can take you to get checked out? Either way, you should probably go soon just to be safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I know I should take my own advice, but you need to go in to be safe. Do not worry about him getting upset, that is just childish of him. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I felt similar to what you described when i was dehydrated really bad. I went into L&D and they gave me a couple bags of IV fluids and that helped. Call your doc or nurse line and see what they say! If you ARE going into labor, they are going to want to stop that. I know you dont want to aggravate your husband, but it's better to be safe than sorry!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• As the last person said I was that way when I got dehydrated with my third. I was even having contractions. It helped once they gave me iv fluids.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 7:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i have had diarrhea throughout my whole pregnancy, and i am 39 weeks, and have had the exact same symptoms as you, and i just had the stomach flu. i wouldnt venture to say that just because you have diarrhea doesnt mean that youre in labor. maybe just call you ob in the morning and ask to see them so they can give you something to ease the diarrhea
    raenicole88

Answer by raenicole88 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yeah My baby is more important than his moods. He can get over it. I also have another question. It feels like I am leaking a little bit. Its clear and has a weird smell to it. Not like urine but diffferent. I cant quite make it out. What could it be?
    25mommy1984

Answer by 25mommy1984 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Increased discharge is normal for pregnancy, but since it smells funny it should be checked out. You don't have to go in - just call your OB's office and ask them about it. They really don't mind; they'd rather be called about something little than not be called about something that ended up being really important.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 7:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The diarrhea and feeling sick would worry me enough to go to the ER... could be a sign of early labor.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• it sounds to me like you have a virus or food poisioning, but you could still go to your ob dr. even if it is just that..... they could give you advice on how to deal with it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009