100% of the time stops when?

How old was your child before you would leave them in the bathroom during a bath? I'm not talking for the entire time but just to do random 1-2 minute errands in the next room?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont remember what certain age it was. But it was when i knew he could get back up on his own if he tipped over or slipped or whatever. I watched him do it a few times while i was in there so i was pretty confident that he could do it if i stepped out to grab the phone or whatnot.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I didn't leave my children alone in the time (even for a minute or two) until they were around age 3 1/2-4 years old.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I started at almost a year, just going right around the corner of the door, peeping in to see what he was doing, then running to grab PJ's, then coming right back....I didn't fill the tub, either, just enough to get over his knees, so unless he fell on his face and couldn't push up to the crawling position, he was ok.
    samanthaevans

Answer by samanthaevans at 7:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My son was 4 before I started leaving him alone for even a few seconds.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Depended on the kid and his maturity level. My oldest at 2. My youngest is now 2 1/2 and I still won't do it! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• my son's 19 mos and he can get back up just fine if he slips, but i don't ever leave him unattended. i'm not taking any chances. too many kids have drowned and their parents say "But I only stepped out for a minute".
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• well since they say kids can drown in 1 inch of water i won't until they are probably 5 (my 4 yo still acts a fool sometimes lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My son is 2, and I'll turn my back to grab the soap/shampoo I left sitting on the counter or the pajamas right outside the door, but that's about it. I honestly couldn't tell you when I'll feel comfortable leaving him in the bath; maybe not until he's old enough to insist his mother not see him naked!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I walk out to the linen closet which is across the hall from the bathroom. I never go any further than that. I know a child can drown in an inch of water. Tonight my LO lay down in the tub and was kicking her feet and doing a swimming motion with her arms. In the pool she pretty much swim on her own so I'm not really to worried about her being alone for 30 seconds.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009