Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can my fiance bring his son to visit me out of state?

BACKGROUND: My fiance is currently involved in a legal battle to gain custody of his 2 year old son. The boy's mother has done drugs in front of her child, leaves him with strangers so she can go out with her new boyfriend, curses violently in his face (so much so that the 2 year old now says "i'm going to f*** you up" to his older cousins and flips the bird), and consistently threatens to keep him from ever seeing his father again. He comes to visitations with black eyes often. My fiance was never married to his ex therefore she has sole legal and physical custody of their son. I live in NYC for school and they live in Boston. I am attached to the boy and he asks for me. We already know that we would not get permission from the mother (her favorite word for me is C***, even though i have never even spoken to her directly) for him to visit.. Fiance is heading to court to get it still up to the mom?

Answer Question

Asked by katnowa at 7:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • If she has sole custody, if he leaves the state without permission, he could be charged with kidnapping.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.