Cooking Live Lobster???

Has anyone ever cooked live lobster and is it really as bad as you thought it was? Im thinking about making it for dinner but I'm a little freaked out...and whats a good side?

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 7:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• They scream and try and climb out, be sure to keep the lid on!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Here in Texas my local grocery store will steam the ones I choose while I shop. It doesn't cost extra. If you are doing them at home you need a very large deep pot. Bring your water to a rolling boil. Put your lobvsters in and make sure the water covers them . Time from the time the water comes back to a boil. About 5 minutes for the first pound and up to 12 minutes for 2 pounds. If you over cook it will be rubbery. Serve with melted butter (infuse with garlic if you like) . We like old Bay Seasoning on ours but that is a preference thing. The only things my husband wants with lobvster is a steak and a ceasar salad. Lots of ppl do corn on the cob and baked potatoes though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I forgot to say liberally salt your water after it comes to a boil.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We do steamed lobster, clarified butter, A steamed veggie and garlic mashed potatoes with a side salad. Never in all of the millions of times have I ever heard one scream.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• how can u ppl be so cruel and boil a living creature to death for your pleasure. how can u eat it when u literally saw urself killing it........it's such a horrible death for them to endure......slow and very very very painful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The same way I shoot a deer, a rabbit or hook a fish. To feed my family. Animals are animals. They have no soul. They have no spirit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The same way I shoot a deer, a rabbit or hook a fish. To feed my family. Animals are animals. They have no soul. They have no spirit

WOAH. I believe that they have a spirit/soul. And I give thanks to them for feeding me.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We just go to "Red Lobster"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009