what age did you introduce tooth past for your toddler?

my ds is 14 months and i am still just using water and his tooth brush...does the baby tooth paste make any difference??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've heard that the brushing action is the most important thing, so using water and a toothbrush is fine for now, but introducing the baby/toddler toothpaste might help him get used to the whole toothpaste idea. And you don't want to wait too long before starting to use the regular fluoride toothpaste, as that's very important for teeth. Don't use a lot, of course; I just started using fluoride toothpaste with my 2-year-old, just a small dollop, about half a pea size, so it won't hurt him if he swallows it, but he's still getting the benefits of the fluoride. And be sure to teach him about spitting, too, so he won't keep trying to swallow the toothpaste when you start using it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We've been using the toothpaste for babies since he was 8 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009