sleeping

should my 5 month old be sleeing through the night? i have lots of family telling me he should and that i should make him cio instead of feeding him. but hes hungry when he wakes i know thats why hes waking up.

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• feed him...my son hasn't slept through the night till recently and he is now 14 months
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• When my daughter turned 2 months her doc suggested we start putting in baby rice cereal in her bottle before bed. So we did, and most of the time she does sleep thru the night. You just have to get nipples for thicker liquids. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not but I'll take what I can get. We still do it now and she is 8 months old and sleeps thru the night
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Some babies do and some don't. Mine did but my niece didn't. Mine slept through the night at 5 days old. If your baby is hungry then feed him and put him back to bed. Oh and by the way technically speaking, sleeping through the night is 5 hours or more straight through. So if you are getting at least that then you are on the right track. Good luck and I hope that you get some sleep.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009