my So took our DD yesterday to his brothers while i was working and she has what looks like a blister from a burn or a bad scratch on her hand...

and a scratch on her leg. the one on her leg is probably about an in and a half long. but it kind of irritates me. i asked him what happend and hes like idk...

his bro has a cat...i dont think it was my So not watching her well, his nephews are WAYYYY to rough with a little baby and give her things like popped balloons to play with?? and they are also rough with their cat...
i dont even know what im asking. What would you do though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell him that under no circumstances is she to ever be given balloons to play with at her age, and especially not popped balloons! Latex is pretty much impossible to remove from the airway if she swallows it and chokes. The Heimlich manuever doesn't work with latex (or peanut butter).

Just ask him to please watch her more carefully next time. I would be mad too, but what can you do about it now?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 8:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• oh, she is 7 months by the way,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Tell him he needs to be more watchful of her when he takes her. Theres really nothing you can do since it already happened. Dont be too too hard on him, accidents happen. He just needs to watch her more closely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i think i am more irritated that he didnt tell me it happened. i found it myself while she was sleeping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2009