Do you have a recipe that uses carrots, onions and celery?

I'm looking for dinner ideas that uses carrots, onion and celery. However, I don't want the same old stew or curry recipes. Thanks a bunch!

momsc

Asked by momsc at 7:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• those go great in a chicken and rice/noodle casserole or soup. Or tuna casserole. Or mix those ingredients(raw) with cooked pasta. Add some bell peppers if desired and top with italian dressing. Serve with chicken. Yum!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Chicken soup.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• have you tried cheese soup? or a roast with celery onion and potatoes? i'm not sure if celery would taste good with it but you could serve cold with the meal?
    lovinMYtwins07

Answer by lovinMYtwins07 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I put those in the crock pot with a pork roast and some chicken broth. I also add potatoes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Send me a message offlist if you would like any of these recipes:

Gardenburger clone
    Shephard's pie
    Pot pie
    black bean soup

Answer by rkoloms at 6:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• wow! That is a classic French cooking Mire Poix (meer pwa). It gos into ANY soup , stock or dish

If you add green pepper you could do any cajun/creole dish although the carrot is not traditional. I add those plus garlic to my marinara sauce
    you could chop fine and add to any ground meat recipe too! like meat loaf or Meatballs using Turkey or beef or sausage or a combination.
    You could cook with beans for a dish over rice for a meatless entree. I could go on and on. Those are my staple veggies, always in the house..
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009