what would you tip.....

if you had a $40 bill? The service was good, your food came out the way it was supposed to and you didn't have to wait forever, the server even sat and talked to you kids and was super friendly.... I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I give them $10
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Around $8.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Above $8, I tip at least 20 percent for good service. People are so cheap these days, it drives me crazy. If you can't tip, dont go out to eat. Servers make 2.15 an hour in my town. Alot of people think they make min. wage but they don't.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• $10 sounds good. A good server is very hard to find and when you get one that actually cares about their job and not just the paycheck, it makes the dining experience very pleasant.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I double the tax, add a buck or two and consider that the tip. It's about 17%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• around $8 , i always do $2 to every $10 , so $40 would get $8
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• $6.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• $10 or even $12 (if i could afford it), servers work hard for $2 an hour and the fact that he sat and talked/played with the kids says a lot. if there was no one else he was waiting on he could have just done what was required and then done other work so he could get out quickly or he could have gone out and had a smoke or something, but he didn't he devoted his time to you and your kids.and i'd ask to speak to a manager and give extreme compliments.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I give 20 percent when the service is good, otherwise 15. So $8. I would love to give more, but IF we go out we only plan enough money for 20 percent.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i give 30% if i had the money, but i always alteast tip 20% i mean you have to think that this is there sole income, and if they have kids and a family to take care of, i would love to give more.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009