Going to visit my family cross country, but no one acts like they care! What would you do??

I have been planning to visit my home state for about a month now. My mom and dad are deceased, and I haven't heard from my brother or sister in over 14 months. They both live in the state.

Well, I'm planning to fly out tomorrow with my 14 month old, but am thinking of cancelling my plans? Why, you ask?

1. I'm a little miffed that my own sister hasn't bothered to contact me, to tell me how happy she is that I'm visiting. This is a little odd, because the last time I visited, I stayed at her home.
2. My own brother hasn't contacted me.
3. One of my favorite aunts won't be able to visit with me because she had knee replacement surgery and is under strict orders to stay in bed.
4. My favorite uncle knows I'm coming, and offered to pick us up from the airport, but he lives alone and I don't expect him to entertain us for 5 days.

I just feel so alone. And offended. What would YOU do in my situation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• ~I would still go..Call your siblings when you get in town..If they really care about you and want to see you they will come to see you..I'm having this problem w/ my brother who is in Iraq until November..I came to Texas intending to stay til he cam home..However he has given the vibe that he doesn't even want to see me..I haven't seen him in four years..B/c of this I changed my mind..If he wants to see me when he gets back he can come to Alabama, my home state, and see me..I wish you the best girl~
    Blakesbabygirl

Answer by Blakesbabygirl at 9:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OP

My brother and sister both know that I'm coming because my uncle told them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• why didn't you tell them? i'd wonder why you hadn't told me if you were my sister and feel like maybe you didn't want to tell me for some reason. as for your aunt, you can go visit her still correct? go, why cancel tickets you've already paid for just b/c you're sister and brother haven't called you about your trip yet. call them, tell them you'll be in town and ask if they want to do something. if not, go out with your daughter and have fun. you don't need someone else to entertain you guys.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You should have worked all this out before you planned to go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OP

I don't have their phone numbers. I don't even have their addresses, and they have moved a couple of times in the past two years. My uncle is kinda like the "go-between" guy. He is very close to my siblings and me.
    Anonymous

• well dont cancel because of that,you have a great uncle,do you have friends that you can visit? or were you just going for them,so many things have been going on in peoples lives that you shouldnt sound so surprised,maybie they are broke and dont wanna tell you,its not always gonna be the same just cause you would call doesnt mean they will.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009