How would you word this in a wedding invitation?

I'm getting married on January 30th. Our venue allows outside alcohol and beer to be brought in, we don't plan on doing a cash bar or anything like that. We plan on getting a keg, but other than that we weren't going to buy a bunch of other alcohol. My mom and fiance suggested that we make an extra insert in our wedding invitations that state something like BYOB (bring your own beer) but in a better way of saying it. We are nowhere near following proper etiquite(sp), so if you're going to say its not proper or whatever, please just don't respond!

mommakelley21

Asked by mommakelley21 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I like how your fiance and mom stated about the alcohol. My husband and I only had 1 bottle at our wedding on my mom's insisting so we made her buy it. Our wedding only lasted a couple hours so that's why only 1 bottle of alcohol.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• LOL, that's the first time I've laughed all day. Thank you. (in reference to your "if it's not proper just don't respond). It's your wedding. Do what you want. The insert sounds good except they may bring a bottle instead of beer (BYOB) but other than that, it's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ~If you want ppl to bring their own alcohol just state it like that..The extra insert is a good idea..Just tell them if that alcohol will not be provided so if they want some they need to bring it themselves..Congrats on your upcoming wedding..I wish you the best~
    Blakesbabygirl

Answer by Blakesbabygirl at 9:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• For those who enjoy.....feel free to bring your own libations.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• This made me giggle. I have a friend who's wedding is going to be a costumed event on halloween and they didn't put BYOB on the invitations but they did tell us later. I like how EireLass put it. If anyone wants to cry about it, let them. you're not required to get them drunk. Although be careful as this may be an invitation for people to get stupid before the ceremony.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 9:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Here is a little known fact. You can have a fun party without alcohol.

The people coming to your wedding will be there to witness your commitment and share your joy; it does not matter what food or drink you provide.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:23 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• like firelass response.

You could also say (variation of that) "you are welcome to bring whatever beverage you wish to drink from home as it is allowed in the reception building". It's not that common for outside beverages to be allowed, so you may need to be a bit more specific?

congrates:)
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2009