• In the Spotlight:

What can i do?

My 16 month old is very stubbern. She doesnt listen to anyone. i dont know what to do with her. Her father and I split up and I moved in with my grandmother. Before I moved down here she was on a schedule and went to bed at a ok time. I moved in in January, Alayna was 8 months old. Now she is a terror. She wont go to sleep until at least 11 but most the time its after 12. She does stuff even when u tell her no she just looks at u and continues on with what she was doing. even if she gets introuble for something when she is over getting in trouble she does it again. i have tried to make her sleep in her own bed but my grandmother says im being mean. what do i do? i dont plan on living with my grandmother forever i need her to b under control asap.

newmommy0810

Asked by newmommy0810 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• first off raise your child how you feel its right, its not your grandmother's decissions in the first place. and shes just in the bratty phase all my kids went through it and they are all lucky they are alive lol except my 2nd youngest daughter who passed away would scream at the top of her lungs if I told her no and she'd keep doing what ever she was doing and scream, and scream!. after every night i was ready to down a glass of liquor but not a drinker lol i just wish you well and do what you think would work . its not going to be easy but it can be done!
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 8:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• At 16 mos your daughter is testing her limits, every time she does or touches something she's not supposed to, remove her from it if she wont' leave it on her own, eventually she'll understand that it's just not going to happen. As for bedtime, try waking her up early and making sure she gets lots of outside exercise, if she's physically exhausted you'll have an easier time getting her down at night. At 16 mos a 2-2/12 hr nap is recommended. She may be reacting to the big change in both your lives, but she'll adjust eventually. My son was a terror at night too, I gave in and he sleeps with me, I enjoy it now, but know i'll be in for it one day when I try and move him in to his own bed. Tiring him out was the answer, he used to be up past 12 too, but now with a couple of hours playing outside he's usually down by 8pm Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009