I need encouragement or advice..or something?!

My son is almost 9 months old. I started working about 3 weeks ago at a daycare center. At first I was bringing him with me to work but it was going to cost basically all my pay check to bring him. Now I have a friend watching him for about $100 cheaper than the daycare, but the bad deal is she is going to be going on a trip for 2 weeks. So I am going to be out of care for my son. How does any mom work and afford care for your child. My husband works too but his pay check pays our bills. I wanted to have a lil extra money but I feel like its not worth it. :( I am constantly stressed out but then again I get worried well what if one month my husband can't afford all the bills then what? I just want to break down and cry every night I come home now.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Open your own daycare from your home. Then you get to be with your child and bring in income. I don't know just putting it out there. I'm a SAHM. But you shouldn't be unhappy. Find something that works a bit better for you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm lucky enough to have my sister-in-law relatively close by who watches my son for what basically amounts to gas money. If I didn't have her or a neighbor/friend who would watch him for cheap, then I probably wouldn't work because having to spend my whole paycheck on daycare makes it very pointless, when I could not work and still not have that money and have that time with my son instead; not to mention, most daycares charge you weekly, for the whole week, even if your kid is out sick half the week, which means I'd be losing money at those times. I know the extra money is useful, but that's only if you're actually bringing home extra money. A better way to go about it might be to try to find a part-time job you can work on your husband's off hours; it's less hours and less money, but you'd actually get to use all that money instead of having to spend it on childcare.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• While a good idea...opening a daycare from your home takes a lot of money and time...anyway, with that being said, I quit my job full time and took a cut of $3000 a month...it's amazing what you can cut back on. My husband works full time. When you factor in the cost of daycare, gas, doctor bills b/c they are always sick, etc, etc....it's not worth it in my opinion to work there....I don't know if that's what you want to hear but that's my opinion. I am very happy that I have been able to stay home with her and when I think about it, time goes by way too fast...If you WANT to work there are MANY daycares that will take your child for free if you are working there...you could always look into that. Good luck and it will be ok :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• do you have a mom or sister, or does he that would watch your son. you could call your a soical worker place they have programs for people who work but cant afford daycare. im a sigle mom i would use it but my mom and cousin watch my daughter for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• (hugs) I know this is a hard hard choice for many moms, myself included. what a good mommy you are to want the best for baby and family! I stay home for this very reason hon, why work a job that I really dont care for, that makes me tired, crabby and basically miserable to han=d over my entire paycheck to someone else so they can see all the good stuff? just doesn make sense for my family.I have alot of feelings of being a burden sometimes because I dont work but the way I feel like I am working too is to make his pay stretch as far as I can. I search all the flyers for sales coupons and plan day trips to make sure I hit stores without wasting gas, i shop 2nd hand, I make my own baby food,w hatever I can to stretch the money.Dont cry sweetie, you are doing the very best you can, no one can ask for more(hugs again).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• im in the same situation your in my job cut my hours to only 28 hrs a week i have a 4 month old and 2 in school so it is pointless to work to pay daycare and then i have to pay someone to take and pick my kids up from school. my husbands check goes on the bills and that's it so i know how you feel. just have faith and it will be okay. good luck
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009