Is anything acceptable and calls for understanding because the other person was drunk when they said it?

Harsh words towards the other about themself, their kids and their family...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• No it's never acceptable. If someone knows they get mean when drunk they shouldn't be getting drunk. They should have thought hard before drinking. I would never excuse someone for their bad behavior. They would be expected to apologize without any lame excuses.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I never believe this is exceptable. I have always said what they truely feel comes out when they are drunk. The whole thing is it causes alot of problems and resentment b/t the family.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hell no! If u get drunk, get in your car and drive and kill someone, u cant tell the judge "im sorry. I shouldnt go to jail cause I was drunk and didnt mean to"
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My first husband would only hit me when he was drunk. So he quit drinking (for awhile), but he still hit me. If you have a drunken horse thief and you arrest him and throw him in jail overnight, he wakes up and is sober, but he is still a horse thief. Alcohol is no excuse for being an asshole.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009