~Catholics~ are adults only allowed to convert on Holy Saturday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I didn't convert on Holy Saturday, so I would say no.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Nope - children can too. Adutls go through the Rite of Christian Initation for Adults (RCIA) to learn about the Catholic faith and then receive the sacraments at the Easter Vigil Mass. For children seven and up there's the RCIC program. (Children younger than 7 can be baptized anytime at the request of their parents.)
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• LOL I guess I didn't put that right. I meant is the only day a person converts on Holy Saturday.

Your answer brings up some questions tho. About a year ago an entire family converted. Their grandmother is Catholic and she wanted her grand kids to convert. They all converted on a Sunday . I would guess the ages ranged from 17 all the way to the 3 months. The 3 month old was the child of the 17 year old but the rest were grade school kids and up.

This church does thing however they please, I don't go there too often. I know they offered the one person who is a guest but has never converted communion. Father said she was Catholic in spirit. That was the final straw for me.

*I am glad you can be anonymous. I am sure anyone part of that parish will figure out I am talking about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Let me put that question another way, is Holy Saturday the only day of the year in which people over the age of 7 can convert :)

I think that sounds better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You shouldnt have to have a specifc day.. when you go to have a relationship with the Lord it should be between you and GOD. Now if you want to annouce it through the church Go ahead but Only allowed to do it on certain days doesnt sound right.. because God is always waiting on us.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Sorry I misunderstood the question. :-)

Nope - people can convert any day and any time. In the US many people go through the RCIA process and then convert at the Easter Vigil Mass. But people can also receive private instruction and then convert on any day.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:18 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• OK, any day of the year. thanks.

i was wondering because our church just started the classes and I only hear about the classes in the fall and through the winter and spring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009