Why is it so easy to walk away but so hard to stay away even though its for the best?

I must be weak. He is so mean, has issues, problems and is so crazy but I still love him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Then love him from a distance. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to be with them.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think it's just how we are as humans. For instance, whenever someone dies, after awhile people tend to forget about the bad things about them and concentrate on the good. I guess we naturally want to remember good things.

Write down all the reasons you need to stay away from him and keep it for when you're just feeling sentimental for the good times.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 9:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Geez, we must be in love with the same guy. Going is easy bc we do that in anger (usually). Staying gone is harder bc we calm down and miss the jerk and want to work things out. I can't imagine me not being with him even though he drives me nuts sometimes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Because sometimes people think with their heart instead of their head. You have to lead with your head and do what is right even though it will hurt. In the long-run it will get better and you will feel good about your decision as time passes. If someone is no good and they refuse to change. You've seen them time and time again follow the same patterns. You gotta just stay away. It's OK to still love someone because you can't just lose your feelings for someone. But you have to love yourself more and enough to stay away from the toxic people who do more harm than good.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I feel the same way in my relationship. He's offering me nothing right now. But we have a child together...he's not the main reason why we stay together, but it's up there. I'd like to meet someone new & be happier in my relationship, but I feel as though we've been through too much for me just to give up. He loves me & wishes he were better for me. I make him feel insecure b/c he feels as though it's never enough. Talk it out. Work it out. My SO has issues & problems & has made tons of mistakes. He respects me & loves me for sticking w/ him and loving him back. He and I both know that he'd be dead (literally) if it weren't for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You will always love him but you need to concentrate on loving yourself and your family more.

mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I agree with legalmommy101, love him from a distance. Most of the time it is because the relationship, no matter how bad it gets, becomes a habit, a routine, and that's what you are comfortable with. For the most part, people do not like change and are afraid of change. You just gotta break the habit dear.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009