24 hour pee sample... anybody else have or had to do this???

what were ur results??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well the first time i did it i had pre-eclampsia and they were measuring the progress of my protien (the result was not good..... like +2 i think and i had to be put on hospital bedrest). with my second child i did it just to make sure that i didn't have any protien and the result was good..... 0. just remember that you have to keep it cold...... when i was on bedrest so i had to keep it in a bucket of ice by the potty. lovely
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I've done three. Just to check & make sure I don't have pre-eclampsia (even though its been months since I had high BP - but I'm switching doctors now because I don't think mine knows what she is doing). All three results all they told me was that it was normal. Nothing more, nothing less. Just normal (I'm still not sure what "normal" is suppose to mean though). Just remember to follow the instructions. Collect every pee for the day (missing one can skew the results), eat the same, drink just as much water as you normally would, etc. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009