What motivates you to lose weight?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 9:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't own a scale. I go by how my clothes fit me. If they start feeling tight....I start lowering my food intake.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• When my gut hung over my jeans a year ago. I was uncomfy in my own skin and knew it was time for a real change. Takes tons of work but now I have more energy and I really need it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Lots of things. Seeing a candid picture of myself when I thought I looked okay but I sooo did not look okay was the kicker, though! I am just sick of feeling self-conscious and uncomfortable around other people because of my weight!! I have a strong family history of Type II diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, etc. so it's not a mystery what would have happened to me if I would have continued with my unhealthy lifestyle!!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 9:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• A great motivation for me is pictures.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 10:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Wow, you women are good! I will try to think abuot some of these and use them as amine. Thanx
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:50 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Friends, family and an athletic past. I have friends who have let themselves go after HS and college and always complain about their weight but never do anything about loosing it. In my family, majority of the women let themselves go after having kids and don't care about getting themselves back. They are what I look at and tell myself that's what I don't want to look like. I was very athletic throughout my childhood and HS giving me muscular thunder thighs and calves. No matter what I do, I can not make my legs smaller, only tone what I have. It's the jiggle factor for me, I don't like to jiggle, nothing on my body except my boobage. If I don't keep my legs toned and muscularly defined then they just look like big jiggly hams.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• To be around a long time for my daughter and husband.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:02 AM on Sep. 16, 2009