I hate being a mother

I hate being a mother. i hate it. I feel like i just want to leave or kill myself. My daughter is horrible she is three years old and whines and crys all day long she never stops and i have tried so hard to fix her behavor problems but i just get so angry I don't know what to do. I need help but i just don't know what to do. I have no support around me at all. I hate myself for feeling this way my daughter doesn't deserve it. please if anyone has felt like what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you should seek therapy, and talk to an adoption agency.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• you need to talk to someone professionally. its easier to talk to a stranger face to face and get a lil guidance- i had to do so for my first daughter. felt the same way, almost put her up for adoption but i couldnt do it so hit up a clinic and now i couldnt love anyone as much as I love her- besides my other children : )
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 9:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I agree that you need help. No mother should feel this way about their child. I hope your not showing her how much you hate your "job". That would just make life hard on her as well and she would end up needing therapy while thinking she isn't wanted.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Eirelass I think your comment is really cruel. We all feel overwhelmed at one time or another. Do you fell this way all the time, or just when you've hit the end of your rope.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You need to find a mental health facility that can help you.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You need to tell your doctor how you feel...ASAP. Your daughter loves you. Part of her problem could be the way you feel reflecting on her. You have a high anxiety level, therefor she does...she's 3 so she shows it differently. But first things first, you need to tell some sort of professional what you just typed here. You daughter's life depends on it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Go see a doctor asap to get a referral to a counsellor.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 9:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think you should seek therapy, and talk to an adoption agency

that's a little cruel. obviously this woman needs help. telling her to give her 3 year old daughter up is an awful thing to say. I do think that you should look into seeing a theripist but, i also know that being a mother is very hard and I want to tell you it does get eaiser when they are out of that 3 year old phase...you will be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have felt the exact same way you do. Email me at luvmygirls_79@yahoo.com if you would like to talk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Start a list of things you want to change. Start small, and stick to it. Look for a Moms day out in your area, like a church where you can have some time to yourself. And yes talk to your Dr., they can help you. Also maybe talk to your daughters Dr. Don't be afraid to ask for help, being a Mom is hard work and we all need a break once in a while. Don't be so hard on yourself. And remember, if you get really upset to count backwards from 10, take a deep breath, and walk away from her and take a breather. GL, pm me if you need anything.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009