Sewing machine question!!

My mom just bought me a sewing machine. i believe its called Majestic White...Model 1260.. It's a vintage..............I went to michaels to search for the needle but i dont know the needle size. IF you have any information that can help me out please let me know. <33

MissJaney

Asked by MissJaney at 9:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• is there a sewing machine shop in or near your area, nothing like Michaels, but perhaps a mom and pop type of shop which repairs them? they might be more knowledgeable about the model and what needles to use! or do some searching online and see if you can find an instruction manual! I was lucky to find one for my machine on the Singer website. my machine is 70's vintage.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• thank you! yeah mine is vintage too. i found a shop 10 min frm my house. im going to try it tomorrow.
    MissJaney

Answer by MissJaney at 1:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You might just try to put a needle in if you have one, go slowly with test scrap of fabric to see if it works. On my machines, I think the flat side will go to the right. it will only fit right if it's thr correct way,then tighten it with a small screwdriver. I learned to sew in 8th grade a little BEFORE 1970.
    \O-O/ Then I took Home Ec in High School Half Moon Bay High School artichoke and pumpkin capital at least of California, maybe beyond!!
    chevpam

Answer by chevpam at 2:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Look on the machine itself there should be a length guide on it for the needle. It will be on the flat part where your material glides through.
    Di56

Answer by Di56 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009