whats the average time a baby should sleep at night?

my son sleeps a lot. we go to bed at 12 he wakes up twice to eat but we sleep untill 12 or1 in the afternoon.

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He looks really little, so let him sleep like he wants to. My grandmother always used to say that when they sleep like that it's because they are growing. I believe it 2!! He's alright!

Answer by love_my_boys at 6:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Most sleep for 2 hours at a stretch if your lucky! My 2nd was born sleeping through the night but my first would only sleep 45 minutes at a stretch. ALL kids are different. ALL.

Answer by vbruno at 6:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• The PP is right, kids are growing while they sleep. You are lucky that yours sleeps so long! I miss those days!!

Answer by renajennjenn at 8:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• girl what u complaining for lol! i wish i was in ur shoes girl mine cant even sleep for 30 mins lol only sleep i get is around 8pm till his next feedinbg...girl enjopy it while it last!!!!

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• How old is your LO? A 1 week old should get around 8.5 hours of nighttime sleep and 8 hours of daytime sleep (4 to 5 naps). A 1 month old should get around 8.75 at night and 6.75 during the day (3 to 4 naps). At 3 months, 9.5 hours at night, 5.5 hours during the day (3 naps). At 6 months, 10.5 hours at night, 3.75 during the day (2 naps). :)

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 9:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• From birth to 2 1/2 months, my daughter was sleeping no more than 3 hours at a time. She was getting up every 2 hours to eat and then would go back to sleep Now that she is 3 months old and has a bigger tummy that can hold more breast milk, shes been sleeping 5-7 hours at night. However, i know not to expect this anount of hours every night. SOmetimes she awakes from gas or something else and may end up staying up.

Answer by HawaiianGirl58 at 4:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2008