On ultrasound I am messuring 5 weeks 2 days. According to last menstural cycle I should of been 7 weeks. There was a gestational sac and a yolk sac present. My HCG levels are 14,348. Could the HCG levels continueto double if there is no fetal growth?

LMP was 7/26/09
positive home test on 8/31/09
HCG level 74.1 on 9/1/09

mommysmz

Asked by mommysmz at 9:45 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Okay, this is the most accurate time to tell how far along you were. The ultrasound is probably correct. At five weeks you probably won't see an embryo or a heartbeat, just a sac. Some people just don't have those types of levels. Just because you use your lmp does not always apply to when you ACTUALLY conceived. I went through the same thing. My hormone levels were very low and they nearly tripled in 48 hrs. Hgc hormones multiply like wildfire by the day. You are obviously @ 5 weeks not 7. Everything sounds correct. You are okay!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• could it just be that you ovulated later than 2 weeks after your LMP, and that is why you are 7 weeks by LMP but you are really only 5 and so are measuring 5? or have your HCG levels gone down or you had a previous ultrasound and there hasn't been growth since? if neither of those 2 things are true, then i think you just aren't as far along as you think because you ovulated a little later than the "norm" I'm not sure about this stuff. just trying to help :) good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The thing I learned about a molar pregnancy (where theres no baby in there) is they grow FASTER than normal. so you would be measuring ahead, not behind. Sounds like you just conceived late. GL.
    Anonymous

• Tellin Ya! It took four ultrasounds before they found my little one in there! They thought is was a molar pregnancy but they did one last ultrasound before they treated it and there she was!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• UR FINE, IT WAS THE SAME EXACT SITUATION WITH MY LAST 2 BABIES. THIER BOTH HERE MAKING MY LIFE WONDERFUL JUST AS IM SURE UR LITTLE ONE WILL BE. CONGRATS HUNNY
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009