My daughter doesn't want to be with noone else only with me plus she always wants me to carry her .shes 13 months what can I do

She walks already

starz16

Asked by starz16 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I never understand why mothers think this is bad. I guess I think back to my own kids when they were little. My son was not like this, my daughter was. She was such a cling-on. I got a sling and carried her, yes even when she was that big. She just wanted to be with me all the time. I held her as much as she wanted. I also never let her cry as a baby. I always figured she had a dirty diaper, was hungry, or just needed a hug. Well, now she's 26, and lives far away, has a booming career as a designer, and we are very close still.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would get a wrap or sling. I've heard really good things about Moby Wraps and Ergo carriers. She probably just wants some more mommy love. I really think that if you let her stay close now and nurture this need of hers that it will help her feel confident and independent later on.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 10:10 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• at 13 months? DONT let that small child wrap you around her finger at this age!!! Plus the damage to your back momma. Put that kid down and try and put a little space between you 2 for a few minutes everyday and increase the time out of arms till she gets the idea you wont jump and pick her up
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• awww I think that some babies just need a little more time close to their momma before they begin to establish their own independence. Just nurture her, and let her be. My daughter was the same until she turned 10 months, then gradually, she started letting go. She's 13 months now and is doing really really well - but I can tell you that the clingy months were really tiring and sometimes even frustrating - felt like I could not make a move.......call me crazy but sometimes now I long for those days again ;-) Enjoy her and nurture her. I think it's ok, just make sure that you're getting enough "you time" when she's asleep. Hope that helps! Good luck and please don't worry about it!
    dani809

Answer by dani809 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009