How can we as a single mothers come together to get these dead beat dad to pay child support!

tamyia102508

Asked by tamyia102508 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• wish i knew i got one of them too...lmk when you find out gl mommy
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 10:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• idk but i think its so shitty they just think they can drop their own child(ren) like trash and not want them anymore and they think they shouldn't have to pay a damn dime! i mean geez is it that hard, if they were with you they would be paying money to buy things for the child, ughh makes me mad!!!! (im not a single parent)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The better question is how do we get single mothers trained to get GOOD paying job so you dont have to chase the looser fathers of your kids
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't understand this. My husband pays child support to his ex, and when a payment was 30 days late (due to a job change), he would get hauled into court. All his employers were instructed by the court to withdraw the child support payments from his check.

Where we live, any time a company hires a person that have to report it to the Child Support Agency in case that person owes child support, and they are automatically set up for automatic payroll deduction.

When my husband was laid off 7 years ago and took a job in a restaurant he was in court every 3 months because his employer wasn't deducting enough child support from his check (they couldn't the support amount was larger than the check, he had to make voluntary payments, which never got processed before the court processed paperwork hauling him in for contempt of court).

So how is it that so many people have trouble collecting their support?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• There is nothing we can do. My ex pays because he knows I will turn his loser ass into the child support agency and the family courts. I did it once and I have no problem doing it again. Also, I do NOT rely on child support. Just because it is court ordered doesn't mean it is guaranteed. BTW, it really is a small amount of PARENTS that don't pay their support, the majority of parents do pay their support. I say parents because I know moms that are deadbeats too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• So how is it that so many people have trouble collecting their support?

Because my ex is cheating the system and is working under the table. Since I can't prove it because he is paid in cash by his father, I am stuck wating for the court system to catch up with him. He owes 15months of back child support.(that is also the age of my son). It's harder for moms to get CS if the father isn't on the BC or if they were never married.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 12:40 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't rely on my ex's child support, which is a good thing since he's over 20K behind. He's not working and he's living on the money he got from when his dad died, which he keeps in cash in his house so it's not in a bank where child support services could see it. They can't get him into court because he keeps dodging the subpoena - he's been doing this for over a year now.
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I wish I did!

Answer by missanc at 10:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• vbruno----The better question is how do we get single mothers trained to get GOOD paying job so you dont have to chase the looser fathers of your kids ----what the hell?

Even though I DO NOT NEED THE CHILD SUPPORT--I still should be entitled to it!! The father goes around and says he is a proud parent how much he loves them and he still will not pay. Is that fair? But come tax time he sure would like to claim her on his taxes--please please please, and if I let him, he'll use the money to catch up on his child support--but you know that will never happen---my child support is set at $51 AND HE STILL CAN'T PAY!!! SOME PEOPLE CAN NOT BE HELPED---BUT NO ONE SHOULD MAKE IT THE CUSTODIAL PARENTS FAULT--THAT THEY NEED TO WORK HARDER---VBURNO---YOUR ARE A JACK ASS
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• agrees completely with blue glass mama..well said Lady
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Teach your children not to rely on "payments" from Daddy. It is used at a weapon- No-one is entitled to it- bonus if you get it. Why do you have to pay a set amount- it doesn't work that way if you are together.
    I'm sure i'll get bashed, but I have been on all sides of this. Was supposed to get $50 a week for 2 kid (which I didn't get and didn't pursue), and my husband is ordered to pay $130 per week for his daughter, which he pays faithfully, even though he almost never sees his daughter.
    The system is slanted. Shame on people who teach their children entitlement.
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2009