ultrasound found no heartbeat

a week ago today i had an ultrasound but they found no heartbeat. i was measuring at 9 weeks. i have still not miscarried, but am cramping. how long am i going to have to wait for this terrible event to be over with!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry to hear that but could It have been to soon to check for the heart beat go back again. Your days could have been off?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'd ask for another US -- within the next week ...sometimes they are wrong...if still no heart rate (ask for 2 people to confirm independently then you might need a D&C
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Have them do another ultrasound to make sure and they can give you a shot to help you pass it. Sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am so sorry.....you can never forget something like this....I pray God helps you through it.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would wait til after you were 12 weeks because I have always been told that you CAN"T hear the heart beart UNTIL then. So I think it was way too early! GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am sorry to hear about your loss. Heartbeat is supposed to start at 6wks. If your doctor did an ultrasound, I am sure they could tell how far along you were. What did your doctor say about your situation?

texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 11:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009