• In the Spotlight:

how do mormon beliefs differ from christian beliefs...

how did they get started and why do they believe them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all Mormons ARE Christian. Mormon is just a nickname for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The atonement of Jesus Christ is at the absolute center of all of our beliefs.

Anyway; you can go to www.mormon.org there's a whole section there with a run down of our basic beliefs which come "straight from the horse's mouth" rather than other people's interpretations of our beleifs.

thx. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• http://www.religionfacts.com/mormonism/comparison.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• There are a few differences between LDS/Mormons and mainstream Christianity. LDS reject the traditional understanding of the Holy Trinity as a single God made up of three distinct divine persons. Instead they view Heavenly Father and Jesus as two separate beings (who are one in purpose only). They also believe Heavenly Father has a flesh and bone body and mainline Christians view God as a spirit. LDS view Jesus as a created being instead of the eternal God that mainstream Christians believe Jesus is. LDS believe that after His death, Jesus came to the Americas to preach to people who were descenents of the Isrealites and who had come to America in a large boat years earlier. (Their Book of Mormon talks about this.) And most mainstream Christains believe new revelations ended with Christ, but LDS believe Heavenly Father continues to give revelations through the prophet.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Mormons.html
    THIS LINK WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL!

A WARNING!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• mormons do not believe in the trinity and therefore are not Christians
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

THIS LINK WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL!

A WARNING!
    ___
    wanna tell me what the warning is before i open it? like is it a virus?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The warning is Mormons are not Christian. That's a bible believer's link. A Christian religion is one that follows believes in what the bible says. Joseph Smith says an angel named Moroni gave him the other testiment about Jesus. See what the bible says about another gospel, and about even if it were given by an angel.
    Galatians 1:6-9
    No Other Gospel
    6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• This is just a question and I am a little confused, and I am sure the Mormon ladies can answer it. Do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead after his death? How do you become saved? What are your beliefs on that. I kind of read through some stuff and didn't feel like I got a clear cut answer on that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am not sure, cause I don't know enough about the Mormon religion to know the differences, between them and the mainstream Christians.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Galatians 1:6-9 was written addressing a problem in the church at that time. There were various Christians Paul was upset with because they were entering his ministry and preaching another gospel because they did not agree with things Paul taught. It was specifically written to the churchs of Galatia (Gal. 1:2). If you want to take that scripture and use it today, I'd say all "Christian" churches are wrong. There are many different versions of things going around. Some churches believe in infant Baptism, or Baptism by sprinkling, some believe in total immersion. Those are not the same thing and can not both be right. Same with things like Communion. Baptists certainly don't do the same thing as Catholics do for Communion. Mormons have their own beliefs, and frankly they have more answers and act more Christian, than most others I have met. However I am quite against Organized Religion, I worship privately.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2009